Attention JV and Varsity boys soccer: The Awards Ceremony is this Wednesday the 7th at Tony’s Pizza at 5:00 pm. See coach Juarez in room 14C if you have any questions.
Seniors: Please pick up your panoramic pictures in the athletic office before school, during lunch or after school.
March is National Theatre in Our Schools Month. In an experiment called “Project Oxygen” Google did research to find out what skills helped their top employees become so successful. The seven top characteristics of success at Google are all soft skills: being a good coach; communicating and listening well; possessing insights into others (including others different values and points of view); having empathy toward and being supportive of one’s colleagues; being a good critical thinker and problem solver; and being able to make connections across complex ideas. Where do you get those skills, according to the research? Training in Theatre! Want to learn more? See Mr. Thompson in room 14-F and find out how you can be a part of the spectacular Royal Scots Theatre Program!
SENIORS-The FAFSA deadline is Friday, March 2, 2018. Please come by the Career Center and speak with Mr. Williams or Mrs. Carter to complete your financial aid. This is the last week for you to submit to FAFSA.
“Attention all AP students: Beware the Ides of March!! I repeat, beware the Ides of March!! Don’t forget to order and pay for your AP tests at the finance office ASAP. See Dr. Kunnath in room 4P-E or your AP teacher for more information.”
Cheer tryouts are around the corner! Tryouts are open to all 8th grade, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students! If you have questions or cannot make the meeting, please see Coach Abe in Room 4I. Hope to see you SOON!
Are you in need of community service hours? There will be an event on Saturday, March 10th at Chuy’s Mesquite Broiler. The South Valley Soccer Club are in need of students who are in need of community service hours or volunteers. Please come by 2A and ask Mrs. Carter for details.
Congratulations to our Science Bowl Teams for competing in the Kern Regional Science Bowl at CSUB.
- The Blue Team is Sarah Salam, Jose Cisneros, Victoria Santore-Tovar, Vera Arenas, and Kaled Barraj.
- The Red Team is Angel Aldaco, Neptali Flores, Miranda Aguinaga, Janessa Aguinaga, and Jeremiah Garcia.
- The Blue Team finished in the top third of the competition. Thank you to or Mrs. Crosby for preparation, to Ms. Urquidez and Ms. Rodriguez for accompanying the teams, and to Mr. Wykoff for the weekly use of your room.
Kindness club meets every Tuesday at lunch in room 5H with Mrs. Mawhirter, grab some lunch and bring your shine!
Interested in The Movement, Bible Club! Come by 2B, Mrs. Slagle’s room at lunch on Tuesday.
Career Center News
- Senior Girls, are you pursuing studies in either finance or political science as your major? If so, Mrs. Carter has a scholarship available, please come by 2A for more questions.
- Are you in need of community service hours? There will be an event on Saturday, March 10th at Chuy’s Mesquite Broiler. The South Valley Soccer Club are in need of students who are in need of community service hours or volunteers. Please come by 2A and ask Mrs. Carter for details.
- Seniors-Its Scholarship season and Mrs. Carter has tons of scholarship information for you. Please come by 2A, the Career Center for more information.
- COLLEGE SHIRT WEDNESDAYS are back! STUDENTS & STAFF - Wear your college gear every Wednesday in support Highland’s College Going Culture. Stop by the Career Center and show off your gear and get a treat!
Students are not allowed to park at the staff parking lot by the administration building. Students who park at the staff parking lot will be cited.
- Update from the Dean’s office: Students are not allowed to sell food/drinks on campus. Thank you!